Firmware upgrade for Axesstel MV420
The firmware upgrade enhances the functionality of the DynDNS service on the Axesstel MV420 router. It is Neotel approved and has been tested with the MV420 devices of the specified hardware versions.
The firmware is provided without warranty or liability acceptance for losses by Neotel in any way or of any nature whatsoever.
It is recommended that the upgrade only be done should the requirement exist for the use of the DynDNS functionality.
BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND UPGRADING ANY FIRMWARE, PLEASE CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE Axesstel MV420 DEVICE. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND DOWNLOAD AND UPGRADE OF INCORRECT FIRMWARE WILL RENDER YOUR DEVICE UNREPAIRABLE, FOR WHICH NEOTEL WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY. FIRMWARE VERSIONS ARE NOT INTEROPERABLE OR INTERCHANGEABLE, AND IT IS THEREFORE REQUIRED THAT THE FOLLOWING STEPS BE ADHERED TO.
The Serial number can be found on the Information tag located at the bottom of the Axesstel MV420 router.
Two options of device hardware are available.
The serial number indicates the version.
1. The Serial number ends with one alphabetical character in upper case C
2. The Serial number ends with two alphabetical characters in upper case MC
Below examples of the information tag and location of the serial number are circled in red.
Get the MC download.
Get the C download here.
Follow the below steps to complete your download:
- Save the file
- Extract the contents of the compressed (zip) file to your computer
- Access the Axesstel MV420 router via the Ethernet cable on 192.168.0.1
- When asked for the username and password type admin in both areas followed by <ok>
- Record any customised information like your username and password to access the network. It will be required to input the data after the upgrade. This will be found under the Basic Settings and Wireless Settings tabs on the left hand side of the WEBGUI.
- Proceed with the upgrade of the unzipped file as per the screenshot below
Do not restart, unplug or disconnect the unit while the upgrade is in progress.
Wait for the router to show that the restart is completed before continuing to login again as per the given steps above before attempting to input the customised information.